Marijuana Defense Attorney – Douglas Herring
Were you arrested on marijuana charges? New Jersey has some of the country’s strictest Marijuana laws. Despite efforts of groups such as NORML and public opinion, marijuana can still get you in a lot of trouble. You need an attorney who is experienced with marijuana defense. Attorney Douglas Herring is a skilled New Jersey criminal defense attorney. He can help you get your life back.
If you were arrested on marijuana charges, you are probably wondering about the possible punishments. You need an experienced marijuana defense attorney on your side.
Here are the possible penalties:
- Less than 50 grams: Up to 6 months in jail & up to $1,000 fine
- More than 50 grams: Up to 1 ½ years in jail and up to $25,000 fine
- Within 1000 feet of a school: Extra fines and 100 community service hours
- Less than 1 oz.: Up to 1.5 years in prison and $25,000 fine
- 1 oz. – <5 lbs.: At least 3 years in prison, maximum 5-year jail sentence, $25,000 in fines
- 5 lbs. – <25 lbs.: At least 5 years in prison, maximum 10-year jail sentence, $150,000 in fines
- 25 lbs. or more: At least 10 years in prison, maximum 20-year jail sentence, $300,000 in fines
- Within 1000 feet of a school: At least 3 years in prison, maximum 5-year jail sentence, $150,000 in fines
- To minors or pregnant women: Doubles jail time and fines
- Less than 10 plants: At least 3 years in prison, maximum 5-year jail sentence, $25,000 in fines
- 10 – <50 plants: At least 5 years in prison, maximum 10-year jail sentence, $150,000 in fines
- 50 or more plants: At least 10 years in prison, maximum 20-year jail sentence, $300,000 in fines
Aggressive Marijuana Defense
As you can see, a marijuana charge can have life changing consequences. You don’t want to spend years in prison or pay high fines. You need an aggressive Marijuana defense attorney. An experienced attorney knows what to do. Here are some commonly effective marijuana defenses:
- Illegal Stop
- Illegal Search
- Invalid Warrant
- Illegal Handling of Evidence
- Invalid Lab Report
- Denying Ownership of the Marijuana
Attorney Douglas Herring will carefully examine every detail of your case. If the police made any mistakes, he will find them. The evidence (marijuana) is the prosecution’s best weapon. If the evidence was found to be obtained or handled illegally, it can’t be used against you. You need a criminal defense attorney who has experience formulating a marijuana defense. Our office knows what to look for.
For a free consultation call Douglas at 609-321-8060. He is available 24/7. The sooner you call; the sooner he can begin working on your marijuana defense. Marijuana charges are not a game. You don’t want to lose your freedom and livelihood. Call our office today so we can help.